English Homework Term 1
1. In Greek Myths gods frequently had children with mortals. Research which god or goddess you would most like to be related to. For ideas, visit the web sites http://www.mythweb.com or http://www.pantheon.org/areas/mythology/europe/greek/articles.html. Write down your top three choices and explain each..
2. Using a U.S. map, plan a road trip from New York City to Los Angeles. You must plan to stop in at least five cities. What will you see in each? http://maps.yahoo.com
3. Find out about one monster from the Greek myths and make a colour picture of that creature. http://www.theoi.com is a great source for many Greek monsters.
4. Take a virtual field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. (http://www.metmuseum.org/home.asp). Go to “Collection” and choose “Greek and Roman Art.” Explore the collection and fill out the following information for at least five different objects:
Art Object Analysis
What kind of object is it? What is it made out of? Does it have a use, other than art? If so, what? When was it created? Where is it from? Describe what it looks like: Does it have illustrations from the Greek myths? If so, what?
5. Go to www.theoi.com and look up "centaurs." You can also use a standard encyclopedia or other reference book on Greek monsters. There are three different types described. Make a mind map with centaur as the middle bubble, then branch out in three directions for the three different types of centaur. Off of each type, list at least five attributes of that kind of centaur. These can be hand-drawn. Chiron fit on your chart?
For any information please Contact :
01474 705377 EXT 102
Rowhill Special School
School day runs from 9am to 3pm